Our client a profitable manufacturer of technology driven composites is in search a Purchasing Manager . In this role you will:
Negotiate supply agreements/contracts and drives cost savings programs for both plans and execution.
Develops and directs purchasing strategies for the various commodities.
Directs price and cost analysis for commercial and government contracts.
Ensures buyer training on all commercial and government procurement procedures in support of a successful CPSA audit and meets the customer requirements.
Manages supplier performance and strategic supplier relationships for AEC accounts.
* Define, establish and lead a purchasing team that supports the government programs for the objectives of quality, cost, and schedule.
* Solve complex problems important to the success of the organization and able to draw on experience to successfully negotiate lowest/best price.
* Manages supplier performance and risk mitigation activities which support \ operations. This includes conducting quarterly business reviews, supplier scorecards, and supplier risk assessments.
* Track the development of new technologies with the R+T group.
* Marketplace benchmarking for best practices and pricing.
* Improve efficiencies of the procurement team via supplier agreements, VMI programs, vending, programs, utilization of blanket/framework orders etc.