In this role you will be responsible to transform the Indirect function from a Category/Commodity focus to Global Strategic Sourcing . You will also lead the implementation and integration of a new sourcing platform as well as increased emphasis and use of sourcing analytics. The organization has strong individuals in place but needs assistance in moving to the next step. Although the job description maintains a neutral tone, the ability to engage stakeholders, senior management is critical.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional leader, with demonstrated experience leading negotiations and engaging with senior management.
The Director will work closely with various internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams including global sites to create and drive category-specific strategies, including leading strategic sourcing activities, building and managing preferred supplier portfolios, shaping and implementing supplier relationship management programs, and ensuring savings realization.
Responsible leading the team in the development and implementation of strategies for the procurement of indirect goods and services globally. Supports goals and objectives as established by Global Sourcing, key stakeholders and site operations. Lead strategic indirect purchasing initiatives and create long term cost containment strategies with key suppliers. Establish and implement global indirect purchasing policies, practices and procedures for indirect expenses. Provide expertise and guidance in sourcing and contract negotiation.
• Build and develop a committed team to manage all aspects of area of responsibility as it applies to Indirect Procurement.
• Identify, maintain and cultivate key global stakeholder relationships.
• Create and direct the global purchasing strategies for indirect category spend. This includes the identification of suppliers for strategic alliances and the understanding of the key cost drivers.
• Develop, establish, and coordinate RFPs (Requests for Proposals) on our major categories of indirect spending working closely with stakeholders. Invites key/core suppliers to provide solutions and cost proposals for our business requirements, evaluate proposals, makes supplier recommendations, selects suppliers, awards business, and handles contracts for key stakeholders
• unified approach with our global purchasing locations to meet with the potential suppliers and get the lowest possible total cost; concentration on cost savings.
• MBA : 10+ years of indirect purchasing experience; 7+ of experience in the indirect purchasing area at a managerial level.
• Demonstrated ability to bridge relationships between Business Units, Departments, individuals and levels of the organization.
• Strong presentation skills as well as excellent oral and written communication abilities, including strong negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to drive compliance to Procurement Policy, Directive, Guidelines and local Procurement SOPs as well as legal and regulatory requirements
• Advanced skills working in MS Office suite
The Procurement Operations Manager will be responsible for leading our client’s requisition to purchase order process by implementing purchasing policies and driving adoption of Coupa or Ariba. The individual will be responsible for the enterprise-wide design, build and implementation/integration of systems, tools and processes for all activities and transactions related to direct and indirect procurement. The individual will be responsible for day to day management of a team of purchasing specialists as well as define and implement the strategy, organization, policies, and processes of the future state operating model covering the scope outlined below:
• P2P Coupa/Ariba Application Ownership and Administration:
• Provide single point of accountability for all Coupa components and functionality
• Manage the Procure Pay technology roadmap
• Work with payables, internal controls, stakeholders to develop, update, enhance and rollout procurement solutions that are aligned with corporate objectives.
• Ensure a seamless linkage across the procure-to-pay process
• Support SAP project teams to ensure the development, implementation and support of global and regional Procure to Pay (P2P) solutions that drive ongoing value
• Identify and launch procurement projects and initiatives to improve solutions effectiveness and drive results and compliance
• Coordinate system audits with internal controls and proposes and implements remediation to findings.
• Primary contact to 3rd Party providers of solutions and partners with IT Team Lead to provide process inputs and prioritize enhancement requests
• Conducts workshops and presentations to validate business processes and solutions with key business stakeholders
• Works closely with the technical team in the design and development of authorizations, reports, forms, interfaces, and conversions
• Establishes key process-based metrics to effectively measure process area
• Evaluate the needs of the organization, and determine a structure for the future state function
• Lead Requisition to PO Function:
• Review and implement standard procurement processes for all processes spanning procurement ticket resolution, requisition to purchase order processing, supplier onboarding, vendor performance monitoring, card program management, and travel program management
• Design and build key controls around procurement transactions.
• Procurement Compliance to Preferred Vendors and Policies
• Drives compliance to preferred providers by educating and influencing operations and utilizing tools and technologies, as appropriate.
• Ensure controls are in place for requisitions, P-Card and T&E Card purchases and compliance to Travel program. Ownership over procurement policy, providing direction around purchasing policy, ensuring operational requirements a are met while maintaining proper controls and monitoring.
• Provide metrics and analysis around key performance indicators related to purchasing compliance
• Support spot buy strategy, ensuring not categorized spend is thoughtful and driven through preferred vendors.
• Manage catalog categories and implementation strategy, ensuring we are maximizing savings and utilizing preferred vendors.
• Partner with finance, category managers, and stakeholders to drive payment terms consistent with company strategy and guidelines
• Provide support for guided buying functionality in Coupa or Ariba
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business, supply chain, or related discipline. MBA preferred
• Minimum 5years’ experience in implementing and managing procure to pay solution such as Coupa or Ariba.
• Must have experience in building and managing a team.
• Specialized knowledge of procurement business processes and related E2E processes
• System implementation experience
• Driver, collaborator, thought leader, influencer
• Ability to identify and remove individual barriers to change
Reporting directly to the Senior Director you assume responsibility for all MARCOM spend with a focus on.
• Marketing and Advertising (Creative, Digital, Media Buying etc.)
• Marketing Consulting Services (Strategy, Launch Management)
• Market Research and Insights (Syndicated Data, Primary Research, Analytics)
• Print and Promotional Products
Responsible for category management. Specifically:
• Develop Category Knowledge – Review spend, contracts, utilization, and business needs with key stakeholders. Research competitive landscape for supplier capabilities. Identify opportunities for improvement, spanning deal structures, cost, innovation, quality, service and delivery.
• Develop and manage Category Plan – Align on category strategy with stakeholders and develop plan for execution though formation of cross-functional teams. Plan to encompass strategy and scope for MSA renewals, SoW reviews, consumption optimization, and sourcing initiatives.
Responsible for leading the source to contracts process. Specifically:
• Project Management: Develop project charter, determine team/key stakeholders, develop project plan, assign tasks to team, and provide timely updates.
• Sourcing Strategy: Ensure alignment with category strategy and plan, determine business requirements with budget owners and cross functional stakeholders, vet competitive landscape and identify suppliers based on business needs, determine sourcing strategy and process – RFx, eAuction, determine deal structure based on Sunovion’s needs.
• Act as a SME for Strategic Sourcing in assigned categories.
The individual must have strong leadership skills including a demonstrated commitment to build consensus, share information and communicate clearly.
• Set Strategic Direction for the team and cross-functional sourcing programs through collaborative development of Strategic Sourcing initiatives and Category Plans
• Lead cross-functional sourcing teams.
• Monitor the external environment; identify trends / new operating models.
• Conduct industry deep dive analysis to support Sunovion with commercial understanding of the market place & provide proactive insight to long term potential sourcing strategies (3+ years).
• Identify sourcing best practices and collaborate with cross functional
team members to ensure practices are applied.
• Coordinate and conduct ongoing review meetings with key external partners regarding performance, relationship management and best practice sharing.
• Determine key metrics for supplier performance management and facilitate quarterly reviews with stakeholders.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a major contributor and team member as our client launches a technology and organizational transformation project.
Working in a team environment in this newly created role you will be responsible for the contract and procurement reviews for a variety of products and services including, facilities, IT and other contracted services categories. This will include managing sourcing efforts and being the purchasing project lead working with internal customers, negotiating contract business terms, and coordinating the legal review process.
• Responsible for specifying, sourcing, bidding, analyzing, negotiating contracts and ultimately procuring goods and services. Reviews, prepares and negotiates contracts, determines contract terms and conditions, and ensures contract terms provide appropriate risk mitigation
• Negotiate and purchase equipment, supplies and services from qualified vendors including facility management services, IT hardware, software and services.
• Creates and maintains category plans
• Working in collaboration with internal customers, evaluate vendor proposals and services to determine most desirable suppliers
• Execute and manage purchase order administration function consistent with company policies and procedures
• Develops and sustains mutually beneficial relationships with strategic suppliers
Our client an international environmental company has a new position for sourcing to contract execution for the following spend categories:
Information Technology – Hardware, Software, SaaS, IT services (application development, maintenance and support), Infrastructure, Telecommunication Services Professional Services – HR, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Facilities, Shared Services, etc.
The individual will report to Category Manager/Director in executing initiatives to deliver EBITA and performance savings to VNA. The individual must be able to develop an understanding of the supply base, support stakeholders in defining requirements and supplier selection process, structure deals, negotiate contracts, support implementation, and oversee vendor relationships.
Develop strong understanding of each category/sub-category in terms of internal requirements and external supply base. Establish strong understanding of the marketplace, including current and future trends; and solid understanding of internal requirements, business drivers, total cost of ownership
Implement strategic sourcing process with stakeholders. This includes, developing a strategic sourcing project plan with timelines, roles; and undertaking the following activities – determining spend (baseline, SKU level information), understanding business requirements, determining specifications, undertaking competitive analysis of providers, vendor selection, drafting and issuing RFPs, comparing responses, influencing operational and site leaders in supplier selection, negotiating and finalizing contract commercial and legal terms.
Manage key supplier contracts, develop relationship management strategies driving collaboration and innovation for continuous improvements
Establish metrics and drive compliance for utilizing preferred vendors
Develop and maintain hosted and/or punch out Coupa catalogs.
Ensure vendors are complying with contractual obligations for pricing and service levels
In this newly created role reporting directly to the CPO you will be responsible for managing the programs that enable Procurement to meet and or exceed departmental goals and objectives, business requirements and stakeholder expectations. These programs include
Skills and Knowledge: Demonstrated / proven skills and knowledge required to create and manage those programs that build and maintain a best-in-class, high performing procurement organization.
As procurement influence is still growing, the role will need to work closely to determine the necessary skills and experience levels to meet and or exceed stakeholder expectations and value capture. The candidate will need to have very strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication and problem solving skills as he/she will interact with all levels of the organization including very senior and high profiled leaders The candidate must display a passion for professional development and continuous improvement
Summary: The Manager Sourcing will be responsible to support and assist in the development of the Category Management strategy by gathering and business unit supply needs and specifications for the IOPS (Industrial Operations and Product Supply) IT organization. She/he works collaboratively with the Category Manager and business unit stakeholders to commercially & competitively assess the local supply base’s capabilities and qualifications for Regeneron’s interests. The Sourcing Manager owns the local supplier relationship and manages ongoing performance and service delivery. She/he must have demonstrated capability to manage a supply base and maximize value, minimize risk, and ensure quality & cost effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Leads and/or works with others to solve issues of diverse scope where analysis requires an understanding of current business trends
• Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions
• Requires broad understanding of the processes, procedures and systems and is able to use that knowledge to improve efficiency and produce high quality work on problems with cross functional impact
• Responsible for specific local contractual agreements, works with internal legal department, and drives any changes that are critical to Regeneron’s interest
• Develops and executes local sourcing strategies for respective area of spend responsibility to optimize value
• Solicits and analyzes requests for proposals, negotiates contracts, and ensure contract objectives are delivered (savings, SLAs, etc.); ensures compliance with local pricing agreements and internal policies/procedures
• Manages local vendor/supplier relationships and ensures performance and accountability are tracked/improved
• Develops and manages program policies and procedures ensuring compliance with Company guidelines, related laws and governmental guidelines
• Develops and executes local market procurement related programs to optimize value
• Informs and influences decision making at the management level
• Manages local supplier integration plans with internal clients for all goods and services for consumption by internal stakeholders, business unit or function
• Identifies local supply market projects to apply sourcing and procurement methodologies.
• Conducts local supplier relationship management activities as guided by the Supplier Management Program to achieve continuous improvement goals
• Coaches proficiency on procurement technical skills among peers & junior team members
Knowledge and Skills:
• Working knowledge of IT Sourcing Contracting, ERP, eRFX systems preferred. (Oracle, Zycus, GEP, Icertis, Ariba, Other)
• Ability to leverage standard business applications for communicating, presenting and analyzing (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Working level proficiency using negotiations skills
• Cost modeling knowledge
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to formulate presentations and business cases
• Ability to build consensus, teamwork, and creativity within a collaborative team with limited supervision