In this role you will be responsible to transform the Indirect function from a Category/Commodity focus to Global Strategic Sourcing . You will also lead the implementation and integration of a new sourcing platform as well as increased emphasis and use of sourcing analytics. The organization has strong individuals in place but needs assistance in moving to the next step. Although the job description maintains a neutral tone, the ability to engage stakeholders, senior management is critical.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional leader, with demonstrated experience leading negotiations and engaging with senior management.
The Director will work closely with various internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams including global sites to create and drive category-specific strategies, including leading strategic sourcing activities, building and managing preferred supplier portfolios, shaping and implementing supplier relationship management programs, and ensuring savings realization.
Responsible leading the team in the development and implementation of strategies for the procurement of indirect goods and services globally. Supports goals and objectives as established by Global Sourcing, key stakeholders and site operations. Lead strategic indirect purchasing initiatives and create long term cost containment strategies with key suppliers. Establish and implement global indirect purchasing policies, practices and procedures for indirect expenses. Provide expertise and guidance in sourcing and contract negotiation.
• Build and develop a committed team to manage all aspects of area of responsibility as it applies to Indirect Procurement.
• Identify, maintain and cultivate key global stakeholder relationships.
• Create and direct the global purchasing strategies for indirect category spend. This includes the identification of suppliers for strategic alliances and the understanding of the key cost drivers.
• Develop, establish, and coordinate RFPs (Requests for Proposals) on our major categories of indirect spending working closely with stakeholders. Invites key/core suppliers to provide solutions and cost proposals for our business requirements, evaluate proposals, makes supplier recommendations, selects suppliers, awards business, and handles contracts for key stakeholders
• unified approach with our global purchasing locations to meet with the potential suppliers and get the lowest possible total cost; concentration on cost savings.
• MBA : 10+ years of indirect purchasing experience; 7+ of experience in the indirect purchasing area at a managerial level.
• Demonstrated ability to bridge relationships between Business Units, Departments, individuals and levels of the organization.
• Strong presentation skills as well as excellent oral and written communication abilities, including strong negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to drive compliance to Procurement Policy, Directive, Guidelines and local Procurement SOPs as well as legal and regulatory requirements
• Advanced skills working in MS Office suite
The Procurement Operations Manager will be responsible for leading our client’s requisition to purchase order process by implementing purchasing policies and driving adoption of Coupa or Ariba. The individual will be responsible for the enterprise-wide design, build and implementation/integration of systems, tools and processes for all activities and transactions related to direct and indirect procurement. The individual will be responsible for day to day management of a team of purchasing specialists as well as define and implement the strategy, organization, policies, and processes of the future state operating model covering the scope outlined below:
• P2P Coupa/Ariba Application Ownership and Administration:
• Provide single point of accountability for all Coupa components and functionality
• Manage the Procure Pay technology roadmap
• Work with payables, internal controls, stakeholders to develop, update, enhance and rollout procurement solutions that are aligned with corporate objectives.
• Ensure a seamless linkage across the procure-to-pay process
• Support SAP project teams to ensure the development, implementation and support of global and regional Procure to Pay (P2P) solutions that drive ongoing value
• Identify and launch procurement projects and initiatives to improve solutions effectiveness and drive results and compliance
• Coordinate system audits with internal controls and proposes and implements remediation to findings.
• Primary contact to 3rd Party providers of solutions and partners with IT Team Lead to provide process inputs and prioritize enhancement requests
• Conducts workshops and presentations to validate business processes and solutions with key business stakeholders
• Works closely with the technical team in the design and development of authorizations, reports, forms, interfaces, and conversions
• Establishes key process-based metrics to effectively measure process area
• Evaluate the needs of the organization, and determine a structure for the future state function
• Lead Requisition to PO Function:
• Review and implement standard procurement processes for all processes spanning procurement ticket resolution, requisition to purchase order processing, supplier onboarding, vendor performance monitoring, card program management, and travel program management
• Design and build key controls around procurement transactions.
• Procurement Compliance to Preferred Vendors and Policies
• Drives compliance to preferred providers by educating and influencing operations and utilizing tools and technologies, as appropriate.
• Ensure controls are in place for requisitions, P-Card and T&E Card purchases and compliance to Travel program. Ownership over procurement policy, providing direction around purchasing policy, ensuring operational requirements a are met while maintaining proper controls and monitoring.
• Provide metrics and analysis around key performance indicators related to purchasing compliance
• Support spot buy strategy, ensuring not categorized spend is thoughtful and driven through preferred vendors.
• Manage catalog categories and implementation strategy, ensuring we are maximizing savings and utilizing preferred vendors.
• Partner with finance, category managers, and stakeholders to drive payment terms consistent with company strategy and guidelines
• Provide support for guided buying functionality in Coupa or Ariba
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business, supply chain, or related discipline. MBA preferred
• Minimum 5years’ experience in implementing and managing procure to pay solution such as Coupa or Ariba.
• Must have experience in building and managing a team.
• Specialized knowledge of procurement business processes and related E2E processes
• System implementation experience
• Driver, collaborator, thought leader, influencer
• Ability to identify and remove individual barriers to change
Reporting directly to the Senior Director you assume responsibility for all MARCOM spend with a focus on.
• Marketing and Advertising (Creative, Digital, Media Buying etc.)
• Marketing Consulting Services (Strategy, Launch Management)
• Market Research and Insights (Syndicated Data, Primary Research, Analytics)
• Print and Promotional Products
Responsible for category management. Specifically:
• Develop Category Knowledge – Review spend, contracts, utilization, and business needs with key stakeholders. Research competitive landscape for supplier capabilities. Identify opportunities for improvement, spanning deal structures, cost, innovation, quality, service and delivery.
• Develop and manage Category Plan – Align on category strategy with stakeholders and develop plan for execution though formation of cross-functional teams. Plan to encompass strategy and scope for MSA renewals, SoW reviews, consumption optimization, and sourcing initiatives.
Responsible for leading the source to contracts process. Specifically:
• Project Management: Develop project charter, determine team/key stakeholders, develop project plan, assign tasks to team, and provide timely updates.
• Sourcing Strategy: Ensure alignment with category strategy and plan, determine business requirements with budget owners and cross functional stakeholders, vet competitive landscape and identify suppliers based on business needs, determine sourcing strategy and process – RFx, eAuction, determine deal structure based on Sunovion’s needs.
• Act as a SME for Strategic Sourcing in assigned categories.
The individual must have strong leadership skills including a demonstrated commitment to build consensus, share information and communicate clearly.
• Set Strategic Direction for the team and cross-functional sourcing programs through collaborative development of Strategic Sourcing initiatives and Category Plans
• Lead cross-functional sourcing teams.
• Monitor the external environment; identify trends / new operating models.
• Conduct industry deep dive analysis to support Sunovion with commercial understanding of the market place & provide proactive insight to long term potential sourcing strategies (3+ years).
• Identify sourcing best practices and collaborate with cross functional
team members to ensure practices are applied.
• Coordinate and conduct ongoing review meetings with key external partners regarding performance, relationship management and best practice sharing.
• Determine key metrics for supplier performance management and facilitate quarterly reviews with stakeholders.
In this newly created role reporting directly to the CPO you will be responsible for managing the programs that enable Procurement to meet and or exceed departmental goals and objectives, business requirements and stakeholder expectations. These programs include
Skills and Knowledge: Demonstrated / proven skills and knowledge required to create and manage those programs that build and maintain a best-in-class, high performing procurement organization.
As procurement influence is still growing, the role will need to work closely to determine the necessary skills and experience levels to meet and or exceed stakeholder expectations and value capture. The candidate will need to have very strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication and problem solving skills as he/she will interact with all levels of the organization including very senior and high profiled leaders The candidate must display a passion for professional development and continuous improvement
Reporting to the CPO our Boston based client is looking for a results-oriented procurement professional to join their procurement function, which is transforming the way they operate, by creating value from their supply base. This role will have the responsibility for major value purchase areas with significant implications in company profitability and service efficiency.
The Category Manager Will Define, Develop, Influence And Implement The Category Strategy For a Broad Range Of Categories And Sub-categories, Including
• Sub-contracting services – Electrical, Mechanical, Electro mechanical, Piping, Sludge Hauling, Construction, etc.
• Facilities services –
• Technical equipment – Instrumentation, Pumps, Motors, Valves, Switchgear, Meters, etc.
• Maintenance, Repairs, and Operations Supplies (MRO); Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Safety Supplies
• Develop category playbook comprising category/sub-category strategy and plan – Analyze spend, determine stakeholder requirements, review contract, undertake competitive analysis of vendor landscape to segment spend into sub-categories and determine plan for achieving cost savings EBITA and/or performance savings.
• Develop strong understanding of each category with detailed understanding of purchase spend, purchase portfolio, and supplier performance. Establish strong understanding of the marketplace, including current and future trends; and solid understanding of internal requirements, business drivers, total cost of ownership
• Develop pipeline of initiatives and build business case to obtain buy-in from key stakeholders. He/she will work closely with operational executives, site leaders, technical and performance function, and key cross functional stakeholders in building the business case for change and delivering results.
• Implement category/sub-category plans through demand management, strategic sourcing, consumption optimization, volume aggregation, standardization, total cost of ownership, and any other levers.
• Work with global procurement team and stakeholders to drive compliance to global framework agreements.
• Develop and implement category scorecards to reflect progress on delivery of category plans and project milestones to CPO and other operational leadership, as appropriate.
• Leading and implementing strategic sourcing process and coaching team on the same. This includes project plan with timelines, roles; and undertaking the following activities – determining spend (baseline, SKU level information), understanding business requirements, determining specifications, undertaking competitive analysis of providers, vendor selection, drafting and issuing RFPs, comparing responses, influencing operational and site leaders in supplier selection, negotiating and finalizing contract commercial and legal terms. Supporting implementation of the initiatives, capturing and reporting savings.
In this newly created role for a very successful life sciences/pharma organization you will be responsible for developing and implementing the sourcing requirements that align with overall strategic goals; and serve as a liaison between the company and its suppliers. This position oversees procurement specialists and is responsible for the management of all activities associated with the procurement of product development and manufacturing materials, equipment, and services. The role will provide leadership to the procurement department coordinating all activities to ensure that cost, quality, delivery, and all purchase order requirements are met. The position will contribute to the achievement of cost reduction and capital improvement goals through effective supply management including source selection, pricing negotiations, and maintaining supplier performance requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Train, develop and lead team of Procurement Analysts
• Create, track and communicate Procurement Metrics / Initiatives
• Resolve Procurement related issues, track corrective actions and communicate effectively
• Qualify new suppliers according to the requirements of the Supplier Qualification Program..
• Monitor incoming orders to ensure materials and equipment are being delivered, and services completed in a timely manner.
• Maintain and track supplier service contracts for critical equipment and systems and process orders for service renewals as needed.
• Source, select, compare and negotiate favorable pricing with suppliers for equipment as well as materials and supplies.
Our client a profitable manufacturer of technology driven composites is in search a Purchasing Manager . In this role you will:
Negotiate supply agreements/contracts and drives cost savings programs for both plans and execution.
Develops and directs purchasing strategies for the various commodities.
Directs price and cost analysis for commercial and government contracts.
Ensures buyer training on all commercial and government procurement procedures in support of a successful CPSA audit and meets the customer requirements.
Manages supplier performance and strategic supplier relationships for AEC accounts.
* Define, establish and lead a purchasing team that supports the government programs for the objectives of quality, cost, and schedule.
* Solve complex problems important to the success of the organization and able to draw on experience to successfully negotiate lowest/best price.
* Manages supplier performance and risk mitigation activities which support \ operations. This includes conducting quarterly business reviews, supplier scorecards, and supplier risk assessments.
* Track the development of new technologies with the R+T group.
* Marketplace benchmarking for best practices and pricing.
* Improve efficiencies of the procurement team via supplier agreements, VMI programs, vending, programs, utilization of blanket/framework orders etc.