In this role you will be responsible to transform the Indirect function from a Category/Commodity focus to Global Strategic Sourcing . You will also lead the implementation and integration of a new sourcing platform as well as increased emphasis and use of sourcing analytics. The organization has strong individuals in place but needs assistance in moving to the next step. Although the job description maintains a neutral tone, the ability to engage stakeholders, senior management is critical.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional leader, with demonstrated experience leading negotiations and engaging with senior management.
The Director will work closely with various internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams including global sites to create and drive category-specific strategies, including leading strategic sourcing activities, building and managing preferred supplier portfolios, shaping and implementing supplier relationship management programs, and ensuring savings realization.
Responsible leading the team in the development and implementation of strategies for the procurement of indirect goods and services globally. Supports goals and objectives as established by Global Sourcing, key stakeholders and site operations. Lead strategic indirect purchasing initiatives and create long term cost containment strategies with key suppliers. Establish and implement global indirect purchasing policies, practices and procedures for indirect expenses. Provide expertise and guidance in sourcing and contract negotiation.
• Build and develop a committed team to manage all aspects of area of responsibility as it applies to Indirect Procurement.
• Identify, maintain and cultivate key global stakeholder relationships.
• Create and direct the global purchasing strategies for indirect category spend. This includes the identification of suppliers for strategic alliances and the understanding of the key cost drivers.
• Develop, establish, and coordinate RFPs (Requests for Proposals) on our major categories of indirect spending working closely with stakeholders. Invites key/core suppliers to provide solutions and cost proposals for our business requirements, evaluate proposals, makes supplier recommendations, selects suppliers, awards business, and handles contracts for key stakeholders
• unified approach with our global purchasing locations to meet with the potential suppliers and get the lowest possible total cost; concentration on cost savings.
• MBA : 10+ years of indirect purchasing experience; 7+ of experience in the indirect purchasing area at a managerial level.
• Demonstrated ability to bridge relationships between Business Units, Departments, individuals and levels of the organization.
• Strong presentation skills as well as excellent oral and written communication abilities, including strong negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to drive compliance to Procurement Policy, Directive, Guidelines and local Procurement SOPs as well as legal and regulatory requirements
• Advanced skills working in MS Office suite