The Director of Strategic Sourcing & Procurement leads and develops sourcing strategies for goods and services, primarily focusing on IT, HR and Professional Services. This position will apply expert knowledge to develop a team to drive competitive advantage in current areas under management and identifying new opportunities for savings and process improvement. This role will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization as a trusted advisor to develop strong relationships, institutionalize category management and manage annual spending in assigned areas. The Director will act as a champion of category management for the entire Strategic Sourcing and Procurement organization, providing coaching, guidance, support and overall leadership to team to ensure goals are achieved.
• Directs and oversees all day-to-day execution of Sourcing strategies related for Indirect Categories, with a particular emphasis on IT, Human Resources and other Professional Services areas.
• Develop and influence the strategic sourcing strategy for IT, Human Resources and Professional Services organizational leadership. Provide innovative solutions that enable their business strategy and deliver quality and scale through Strategic Sourcing programs and process.
• Develop and communicate functional strategy to a diverse group of managers and senior level sourcing professionals in alignment with group Strategic Sourcing & Procurement strategy and operations requirements.
• Act as a champion of category management for the entire Strategic Sourcing and Procurement organization, providing coaching, guidance, support and overall leadership to team to ensure goals are achieved.
• Drive annual productivity improvements in each category of spend by developing and ensuring implementation of ideas to optimize total cost of ownership for spend categories.
• Review major contracts for key areas of spend and act as Expert resource for planning and leading complex negotiations.
• Measure and track internal performance within each spend category by tracking forecasted vs actual savings and budget impact for portfolio of categories.
• Applies expert knowledge in coaching team to identify and define sourcing best practices both within and outside of Regeneron, while ensuring those best practices are adopted.
• Leverages strong influencing skills to define sourcing role and align project objectives and targets with stakeholders.
• Direct team to monitor key Suppliers performance, ensuring effective Supplier Relationship Management to drive continuous improvements.
• Communicate team progress to Vice President, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement and business unit leaders.