Reporting directly to the Senior Director you assume responsibility for all MARCOM spend with a focus on.
• Marketing and Advertising (Creative, Digital, Media Buying etc.)
• Marketing Consulting Services (Strategy, Launch Management)
• Market Research and Insights (Syndicated Data, Primary Research, Analytics)
• Print and Promotional Products
Responsible for category management. Specifically:
• Develop Category Knowledge – Review spend, contracts, utilization, and business needs with key stakeholders. Research competitive landscape for supplier capabilities. Identify opportunities for improvement, spanning deal structures, cost, innovation, quality, service and delivery.
• Develop and manage Category Plan – Align on category strategy with stakeholders and develop plan for execution though formation of cross-functional teams. Plan to encompass strategy and scope for MSA renewals, SoW reviews, consumption optimization, and sourcing initiatives.
Responsible for leading the source to contracts process. Specifically:
• Project Management: Develop project charter, determine team/key stakeholders, develop project plan, assign tasks to team, and provide timely updates.
• Sourcing Strategy: Ensure alignment with category strategy and plan, determine business requirements with budget owners and cross functional stakeholders, vet competitive landscape and identify suppliers based on business needs, determine sourcing strategy and process – RFx, eAuction, determine deal structure based on Sunovion’s needs.
• Act as a SME for Strategic Sourcing in assigned categories.
The individual must have strong leadership skills including a demonstrated commitment to build consensus, share information and communicate clearly.
• Set Strategic Direction for the team and cross-functional sourcing programs through collaborative development of Strategic Sourcing initiatives and Category Plans
• Lead cross-functional sourcing teams.
• Monitor the external environment; identify trends / new operating models.
• Conduct industry deep dive analysis to support Sunovion with commercial understanding of the market place & provide proactive insight to long term potential sourcing strategies (3+ years).
• Identify sourcing best practices and collaborate with cross functional
team members to ensure practices are applied.
• Coordinate and conduct ongoing review meetings with key external partners regarding performance, relationship management and best practice sharing.
• Determine key metrics for supplier performance management and facilitate quarterly reviews with stakeholders.